Saturday, March 12, 2016

Podcasting in technology

Today I attended one of the best professional development sessions in a long time. Edcampswct was stunning. The model was amazing, the networking was rich, and the ideas were game changing. Having attended this professional development day, I have many new ideas, but one of the ideas with which I have been toying for many years was podcasting.

Firstly, thank you to Jeff at +Jeffrey Bradbury, truly an admirable mind with revolutionary ideas who showed me that it can be done with creativity and elbow-grease. I attended two of his sessions, and the way his mind worked expanded my thinking and showed true dedication in educators. To the question: "Why don't you get into the privatization game for pay" (I paraphrase the question), his response was, "Our job is to make better people, and that is what I'm trying to do through what I do" (I paraphrase the answer). This men was all the best part of teachers and technology integration. I digress. The one HUGE take-away I carry with me is podcasting. For years, I have been hoping to break into the Vlog and Podcast ecosphere. After attending Jeff's session, I think I am finally ready.

So, here goes! I will periodically post updates to this as I get settled, work through the challenges, and celebrate the successes! +Amy Korn, can't stop, won't stop!

-Scott


No comments:

Post a Comment